Back to Quiz list
Pub Quiz - Quiz 43
- Questions: A complete Pub Quiz
Written by Jim Ackroyd
Round 1 -
General Knowledge questions.
1) The name of which popular edible product means 'twice
2) What is the lifespan of a biennial plant?
3) What is the dot over a lower case i or j called?
4) Which M can precede ship, Russia and board?
5) What is a 'billets-doux' in English?
6) Lupine relates to which animal?
7) What does a philographist collect?
8) A polliwog is an old English dialect word for which creature?
9) What are the plastic horns popular at football matches in South
10) What is the name given to a word or sentence which reads the
same forwards and backwards?
11) Which is the nearest prime number to 20?
12) What type of acid is secreted by red ants & stinging nettles?
13) Which M is the Greek God of dreams?
14) Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia go together to from what?
15) Who wrote the musical Oliver, which was based on Charles Dickens
novel Oliver Twist?
16) Which country gave diplomatic asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian
Assange in 2012?
17) 'Anna Kournikova', 'Michelangelo', 'iloveyou', and 'Melissa' are
all examples of what?
18) Which well known sports commentator wrote an autobiography
entitled 'Unless I'm Very Much Mistaken'?
19) The Daiquiri cocktail was named after a village on which island?
20) What was Belize called until 1973?
Round 2. Food and Drink
1) What type of alcoholic drink is barley wine?
2) What nationality was the well known food writer and critic Egon
3) What type of fruit is a Comice?
4) What is the name of the biscuit baked in a looped knot and often
glazed with salt?
5) Damper is traditional soda bread originating in which country?
6) Which tea blend is said to be named after a 19th century British
7) A cottage pie is traditionally made with which meat?
8) What popular cake gets its name from the French word for
9) Which Benedictine Monk made important contributions to the art of
10) What 'cake' is flat, round and made of liquorice?
Round 3: Film and TV
1) Mr Grainger, Mr Humphries and Captain Peacock are all characters
in which television series?
2) Who directed the 1969 film 'Women In Love', starring Oliver Reed
and Alan Bates?
3) 'The Entertainer' by Scott Joplin is the theme for which 1973
4) Tom, Barbara, Jerry and Margo are all characters in which 1970's
UK television sitcom?
5) The 'Travel Bookshop' in North London served as a location for
what successful 1999 film?
6) In which film is there a computer called 'Mother'?
7) Who directed the 1982 film 'Gandhi'?
8) Who was Marilyn Monroe's co-star in the film 'Gentlemen Prefer
9) On UK TV what does the abbreviation 'TOWIE' stand for?
10) Which 1979 comedy film contains the line 'He's not the Messiah,
he's a very naughty boy'?
More great quizzes from Jim can be found