Back to Quiz list
Pub Quiz 57
- Questions: A complete Pub Quiz
Written by Jim Ackroyd
Round 1. General Knowledge
1. Which is the largest bird of these two, Swift or Swallow?
2. Who was Barnsley Football Club's manager between 1970 and 1982?
3. Who played the part of the city banker, Andy Defresne, who was
wrongly imprisoned in the film, The Shawshank Redemption?
4. The ancient Egyptians paid their workers in part Cash. Today we
associate the word 'cash' to mean money but what was 'Cash' in
5. What commodity was mined in the Austrian city of Salzburg?
6. What article of clothing is a Homburg?
7. Which wife of a poet wrote the book, 'Frankenstein'?
8. What nickname did the Americans give to the girl who broadcast to
them on Japanese Radio?
9. Who were the first winners of crickets Gillette Cup in 1963?
10. Which pop group, popular in the 70's & 80's were led by Ray
11. How was Jan Ludvic Hock better known who mysteriously died in
12. What nationality were the composers Engelbert Humberdinck,
Richard Strauss and Johan Sebastian Bach?
13. In Roman numerous, how would the next King Henry be written
14. Whose hits of the 70's included. 'Every Thing is Beautiful' and
15. Up to 1875 in football, every time a goal was scored what did
the players do?
16. If you were in Central Manhattan, New York on 5th Ave, between
32nd Street and 34th Street you would be outside which building?
17. Which monarch ordered the beheading of Mary Stewart in 1587?
18. How many Nobel Prizes are awarded annually?
19. Which pop group of the 90's were made up of John Hendry, Tony
Mortimer, Brian Harvey and Terry Caldwell?
20. From which sport does the expression 'To keep tabs on' come?
21. Which King turned everything he touched to Gold?
22. From the 1970's which song and artist 'Too many broken hearts
have fallen in the river, Too many lonely souls have drifted out to
sea, You lay your bets and then you pay the price'?
23. Who did Everton FC beat in the Final of the 1985 European Cup
24. My Fair Lady was a musical version of which play?
25. What is the No.1 Chemical Element on the Periodic Table
26. What character was played by Honor Blackman in 'The Avengers'
27. n the Bible, who's wife was turned into a pillar of salt?
28. Released in February 2002, which film included the actors Clive
Owen, Kelly McDonald and Helen Mirren?
29. Apple's first portable digital music player was available from
November 2001, but what was it called?
30. Who was the first Spice Girl to have a solo chart single?
Round 2. Cryptic Birds
1. Very Blustery Evening?
2. Eating Action?
3. This name could be given to William the Barber?
4. Shell Seizer?
5. He could have been the wizard?
6. Greedy Person?
7. Street or room decoration?
8. Babies Mouth Infection?
9. These tunnel underground?
10. Mrs Ross' son, Albert?
More great quizzes can be found