Back to Quiz list
Pub Quiz - Quiz 67
- Questions: A complete Pub Quiz
Written by Jim Ackroyd
40 Questions on: General Knowledge / Sport.
1. Who followed Hugh Gaitskell as leader of the labour party?
2. How fast in miles per hour is 44 feet per second?
3. What is the capital of Nova Scotia (East Canada)?
4. In 1923 who was the 1st American to swim across the English
5. In 1927 who played the lead role in the 1st talking motion
picture, "The Jazz Singer"?
6. What year did the 'London Underground' open?
7. Who sang '99 Red Balloons'?
8. What river flows through the Grand Canyon in the USA?
9. In the song, Solomon Grundy was born on Monday, what happened to
him on Thursday?
10. Who played Vivien in the BBC comedy The Young Ones?
11. What is the chemical symbol for Gold?
12. Which king was killed at the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485?
13. Which group had a 1964 Top Ten hit with 'Tobacco Road'?
14. The explorer Abel Tasman gave his name to the island of Tasmania
- but what nationality was he?
15. Carl and the Passions changed band name to what?
16. Who's band was The Quarrymen?
17. In which war was the charge of the Light Brigade?
18. What did Jack Horner pull from his pie?
19. Who did James Bond marry - character - (both names)?
20. What is studied in the science of somatology?
21. When did the Euro banknotes and coins officially become currency
22. Which language does the word "safari" originate from?
23. In the American Presidential Election, the state of California
is worth 55 points in the Electoral College system, which state is
next most important with a total of 34 points?
24. What is the official language of Pakistan?
25. Lake Volta is the largest reservoir in the world (2006) and is
located in which country?
26. What does 3G mean in the mobile phone ads?
27. Which organisation has the motto: Fidelity, Bravery and
28. What is a more common name for a polygraph?
29. Before the Euro, the Irish Punt was divided into 100 what?
30. Of all the -ologies (study of), which has the shortest name?
Round 2. Sport
31 - Who irritated Hitler by winning four gold medals in the
32 - The 1000 Lakes Rally was held in which country?
33 - Who won the Príncipe de Asturias prize in sports in 2007?
34 - Vijay Singh, US Masters champion, comes from where?
35 - Where do Portuguese Formula 1 Grand Prix races take place?
36 - Who is the youngest winner of a Formula 1 Grand Prix?
37 - Which swimmer won six gold medals at the Athens Olympics in
38 - Which two English golfers won the 2004 Golf World Cup in
39 - Which is always the third grand slam event in the tennis
40 - Brazil have been world football champions more times than any
other nation. Whom did they beat to become World Champions the first
More great quizzes can be found