Written by Jim Ackroyd -
Round 1. General Knowledge
What would a Scotsman do with a spurtle?
Which award has the words for valour on it?
If you had pogonophobia what would you be afraid
Who would take silk as part of their job?
Who won an Oscar for the African Queen?
Who sang the theme song in 9 to 5?
What in business terms is the IMF?
Ringo Starr narrates which children's TV series?
Which country grows the most fruit?
Which company is owned by Bill Gates?
What would you do with a maris piper?
In the film 'Casablanca' what is the name of the
In 1872, two countries participated in what was
the first official International Match. Which two countries were
What was the name of the FIFA President who
instigated the World Cup in 1928 and for whom the first trophy
What is a Winston Churchill?
Who or what lives in a formicarium?
What type of acid is used in car batteries?
It's a flock of sheep what's a group of owls
What animal would you find in a form?
Who in books and films was the man of bronze?
Who was Stan Laurels partner?
What kind of food is Cullen Skink?
What is classified by the A B O system?
What plant does the Colorado beetle attack?
Where did the Pied Piper play?
Round 2 - Science & Tech'
1 - What is the
angle between the hands of a clock at 1 o'clock?
2 - What is the
chemical symbol for Ozone?
3 - What is the
name of the mascot on the bonnet of a Rolls Royce?
4 - What is the
three-dimensional image created with laser beams called?
5 - What type of
animal are Belugas?
6 - What were (and
still are) 'Skyscrapers' before the term was applied to tall
7 - What would you
use Archimede's Screw for?
8 - Whats the the
name for the bending of light as it passes from one medium to
9 - Where is the
hypocentre of an earthquake in relation to its epicentre?
- Which is the only muscle in your body that is only attached at one
Round 3 - Snooker
1. Pot Black launched by the BBC revolutionised
coverage of the game of Snooker on TV. What year did it launch?
2. In what year were The World Championships first televised?
3. What was the final score when Steve Davis beat John Parrott in
the 1989 World Championship Snooker final?
4. At the final of the 1997 Benson & Hedges Masters between Steve
Davis and Ronnie O'Sullivan, play was brought to a temporary halt
when snooker's first ever streaker, invaded the match arena. What
was the streakers name?
5.Who compiled a 147 break with the aid of crutches and both legs in
plaster in 1982, at his club in Leicester?
6. Who was the first player to compile a maximum break during the
World Snooker Championships?
7. Which player is known as 'The Jester From Leicester'?
8. Which player is known as 'The Whirlwind'?
9. Which player is known as 'The Entertainer'?
10. Which player was known as 'The Hurricane'?
More great quizzes from Jim can be found